Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Black Friday!!!!!

So a couple of days before Thanksgiving there was a commercial showing that walmart had a blue limited edition wii for $100 on black friday! I really wantd it but didn't say anything about it. Well on Thanksgiving Bret was looking at all the ads. And I brought up the wii. I might have hinted a couple more times during the day to Jonny but it was always followed by well we probably shouldn't. Well around 7 pm we decided to do it. But then we had to decide who would stay home with Kayden and who would go. I didn't want to go alone but I didn't want to be left.
So I texted the amazing Josie who said she would watch Kayden at 8:30.
Around 7:30 we headed to Walmart to check out the lines. The line for the xbox kinect was crazy long. But we were the 2nd person in line for the wii! We picked out 2 games and got a 2nd controller and numchuk while waiting. At first it wasnt bad at all. We talked a ton to the guy behind us in line.
At 8:30 I loaded up Kayden and headed to Josie's. After getting lost quite a few times even though she lives on the same street as me I finally got there. I thought it would be hard to leave Kayden because I had only left him once before with anyone other then Jonny or my mom. But suprisingly it was really easy.
When I got back to Walmart the lines had gotten long and it was way crowded! I hurried back to Jonny. Then sent him off to find this frame set I wanted. Its a 15 piece set on sale for 13! He snuck one out from under the plastic but he got the wrong one! So he went back but somebody was watching them. When he was gone it was getting crazy. People were rushing by with carts and just being rude! I called him and had him hurry back to wait with me for the wii.
So after standing in line for almost 3 hours we got our beautiful blue wii! We then rushed over to get the frame set. It took a while to get over there because of all the people and everything being roped off. Once we got over there we grabbed our set and looked for a shorter line. We found 2 that weren't too bad for black friday. We stood in both lines and then when Jonny's was moving faster I jumped in his. It only took about 20 minutes to get out of the store! That is amazing for black friday! We talked to the people in front of us in line while waiting. They came just for a couple movies! I can't believe some one would go out in those lines just to save a couple bucks.
We have been playing our wii everyday. Its great couple time while Kayden is sleeping so we arent just sitting on the couch watching tv.
Black friday is getting crazy though! Ive read things about stabbings, shootings and people getting maced. After we leave Rexburg I don't know if I will still shop on black friday but I am definitely doing next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment