Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Merry Christmas!

So this year was our second Christmas together! We actually had a full sized tree this year. We went a bought a fake one.
It is so pretty I love it!
We had such a great holiday.
Christmas Eve we went swimming for Kaydens first time! It was so fun. Then we went and looked at Christmas lights. When we got home I made Shepards Pie for dinner. Jonny liked the idea because it was fitting so we are gonna keep it up. Then of course we had Christmas Jammies! After that we all went to bed.
Kayden woke us up at 7:30. It was so cute that he doesnt even know what Christmas is yet and he woke us up.
We opened our stockings first. Kaydens was mostly bath toys. Jonny had candy, a coke glass, a lil game, and a ball paddle that my mom put in their. I had lots of candy, a big thing of hot cooca, and a christmas mug! I love hot cocoa.
Then it was presents time. Kayden got lots of toys. I got a lil plaque that says Micheles Kitchen. Then a spice rack that Jonny sanded down and restained it. I so have wanted a spice rack! I am really excited about it. I got a cute snowglobe with a picture of when we were engaged inside it! And the one I am most excited about is a new set of scriptures!!! It is gorgeous blue leather with silver pages and engraved. Oh and its a quad!!! I can't wait to mark it all up.
I gave Jonny a new monopoly game that has a lil trophy in it for whoever wins, a set of playing cards that have 52 reasons I love him written on it, I gave him 2 tiles. One is a 12x12 that says Tharps established July 27, 2010. Then a lil one that says Kayden Isaac Joined July 17, 2011. His biggest gift was 12 months of date nights. 1 date each month. Most are paid for. I am really excited to use that together.
We also got some home decor from my sister callista and my dad. They are both beautiful! Callista got us this gorgeous picture of the temple that says where families become forever and has our name in it. My dad got us a white board that says tharp families are forever!
Mom and Bret came up for dinner. It was a simple dinner but yummy. After dinner we went swimming again. Kayden loves the water. Then we came back and had bread pudding for dessert. It was amazing!
Overall it was a great Christmas.
Next year I want to do more for others. I tried to start elfing in our complex but it didnt really catch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment