Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Its already our 2nd Christmas Eve as a married couple! But our first with Kayden!
We kept doing some traditions from last year and started some new ones.
We went swimming at an indoor pool today. It was Kaydens first time swimming and was really fun! Jonny wants to keep up that every Christmas Eve but I don't know how realistic that is. But it'll be fun to try!
For dinner we had Shepards pie. Jonny pointed out that it was fitting. So we decided to keep it  as a new tradition.
Of course we read the Nativity story. I wanted to read it Christmas Morning but I figured the kids would be too distracted with presents so Christmas eve is a good time instead.
And We also had our Christmas Eve Jammies. It was a tradition my mom had when I was kid. I think it was just so we had cute clothes on for pictures. But I love the idea. So Jonny and I did it for each other last year and this year. This year Kayden got Jammies too.
We drove around and looked at lights too.
It was such a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment