Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Not getting it all at once....

So today I got super excited about the possibility of getting a house. When we realized that we don't really have money for a down payment right now I was pretty heart broken.
When I was little and pictured being married, I pictured us in the perfect house. Him graduated from college and having the perfect job.
Things would probably be easier if they were this way .... But part of me is glad that they aren't. Having to work for those things have some perks. Going through the times when money is tight and getting him through school grows us closer. Working together and earning these things make them ours instead of just his.
I think I want things now because picturing the future is hard for me. Its hard cause I can't really compare it to those around me because everyone I know seems to be on a different time frame. Some of my friends already have a house. Some of my friends are having babies! Some of my friends are getting married soon. Some aren't even dating.
I guess by looking at this I learn that my time frame is different and no matter how much I want to I can't speed it up!
In my imagination it was easy because I got it all at once. In the real world you have to travel along the path and slowly get things when it is the right time.
So to all the engaged couples and fellow newlyweds: I guess we just have to be patient. I know that is not that easy. I am not patient at all. But when the time is right we will get those next steps. Just be glad that you have the love of your life! The rest will come!!! But trust me you usually don't get it all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment