Monday, September 27, 2010

Balancing the Romance

How much romance is too much?? How much is too little???
When first getting married I will admit I expected constant romance. I wanted at least weekly flowers and monthly candlelit dinners. When this wasnt happening I felt myself becoming frustrated. Don't I deserve the romance?
Well tonight I realized two things.
First off- My husband isn't super romantic. This isn't a bad thing. It is just him. He does romantic things randomly and rarely.
Secondly- when you have constant romance it isn't really romance. It is every day life.
I like that my husband doesn't bring me flowers every week. I like that I dont expect something. Because when you begin to expect it its just not the same. I love being surprised with a candlelit dinner and a movie. But when you know its friday and are expecting flowers it just isnt the same.
I also have realized that I can romance my husband. Why does he always have to do it? Yes I like being romanced but he probably does too!
So to all the engaged couples and fellow newlyweds: Enjoy the romance as it comes but don't expect it. If you feel like you need it. Do something for him. It will usually motivate him to do something back!

No comments:

Post a Comment