Monday, March 19, 2012

Road Trip

A couple of days ago I found out my brother in law was getting the priesthood the next day! I wasnt able to go to his baptism so I was determined to go. Jonny wasn't able to get off work. I was really nervous about taking kayden 4 hours without any help. I posted something on facebook about going to utah and Lindsay said something like take me with you. I got super excited but then she said her baby was too fussy.
Me being determined kept texting her. When I got to blackfoot I texted her one last time and she said she would come! I was so excited. I stopped in pocatello to see my mom and to pick Lindsay and Brooke up.
I was glad to have her with me but two babies was pretty intimidating. But they were both suprisngly good. Brooke is only 7 weeks so she sleeps most the time. And the car kept Kayden asleep. When they both woke up in Malad we stopped for lunch at a gas station burger king.
Its then that I realized how different young moms get looked at outside of rexburg. When we sat down to eat two older men where sitting across from us scratching lottery tickets. They were cussing under their breath and glaring at us the whole time! Talk about rude. I can only assume that thought we were teen moms that had gotten knocked up. Little did they know we were both married before we got pregnant!  It was an eye opening experience for me. I feel bad for how teen moms get treated.
Well we made it to utah around 4. It was a pretty easy trip.
It was nice to spend time with my sister and her hubby. Especially since he left for Afganhistan on saturday (please keep him in your prayers)
The way back went really well too. We left once Kayden was ready for his nap. They both slept till past Malad. So like 2 1/2 hours! It was really nice. We just trucked through till pocatello.
I dropped Lindsay and Brooke off. Then went and hung out with my mom for a while.
Kayden slept from Pocatello to rexburg.
It was so nice to have some girl time! I am so excited to move to pocatello now so I can spend more time with Lindsay and Brooke! 

No comments:

Post a Comment