Thursday, October 07, 2010

How dreams change over time...

Today I have been thinking about how much our dreams change as we get older and as our circumstances change. When I was little I never really had one thing I wanted to be. It changed day by day and also by who I was talking too. Secretly I wanted to be a model. When I was 16 one of my friends Sydney mentioned to me that I should try out for America's Next Top Model. She had no idea that that was my dream. I loved that show. Well I realized that a models life isn't really the lifestyle I wanted.

So my dreams changed again.... I wanted to go to college and eventually work behind a desk or in an office of some sort I know huge change. and eventually after I graduate have a family. Well later on I realized I didn't really want to be in college. Everyone else wanted me to be in college! But not wanting to disappoint anyone I stuck with it.

About 7 months ago I met the man of my dreams. 2 months ago we were married. And yet again my plans changed..... Well before we were married I had this awesome modeling opportunity but the weekend after my reception we were suppose to go to Seattle. I realized the financial strain this would put on us. We were already sacrificing things for MY dream. Instead of thinking about OUR DREAM. Well before we went I decided I didn't want to go that path or follow that dream.

My dream now is too become the best wife I possibly can and have a family of my own. After all family is the most important thing in the world. I think this is what I have always wanted I was just too afraid of letting everyone else down. Than I realized if I lived for everyone else who would be living for me?
So to all the fellow newlyweds and engaged couples: Really take time to think and discover what YOUR DREAMS for YOU are. Forget what others dreams for you are. Live for you and your future family! Everyone else won't be as upset as you think they will. And eventually they WILL get over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment